Friday, February 04, 2005

I'm leavin' on a jet plane ...

... but I do know when I'll be back again. :) (I'm listening to my Peter, Paul and Mary cd as I write this!) I'm leaving today for Kansas City for the International Network of Children's Ministry's Children's Pastors' Conference, also known as INCM's CPC. Whew! Try to say that a few times fast! I'm very excited. Children's ministry at church is getting tiring and frustrating; I'm ready to connect with other ministry leaders and get new ideas.

I'm leaving the office around 11:00 a.m. today and my flight leaves BWI at 1:00-something. I'll be in good ole KC by 3:30. The conference officially begins on Sunday, but tomorrow is the pre-con seminar day, and the entire conference runs through Tuesday. I'll be back Tuesday night. Check it out here.

Say a prayer for Gina, please - she and her husband Nate lost everything in a house fire. For those of you who know her/them, I'm thinking of sending them Wal-Mart/Target/Home Depot/restaurant gift cards to help them get through this time and begin again. What do you think?

3 comments:

erika said...

1) who is luey?
2) do you know who is pregnant besides you?
3) i think gcards are a great idea. good job, lexa!

Anonymous said...

that's a good idea, marte...think I'll jump on that wagon myself.

Drat...I was gonna call you tomorrow, but it looks like you'll be away. Seems I have a knack for that. :) I miss you, marte.

*sara* said...

I know you're back. i wanna know all about your conference. we might be moving to danville illinois. its another methodist church, but we've been praying about it, and its for scottie and maybe its what we need (if for nothing else than to show me not all methodists are crazy). Oh hey--guess what. I had some parents come to work tonite, they wanted to know what church we were going to--and could they maybe join us one sunday. Umm..I guess? Yeah. Maybe i'll call you this week.