Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're leaving for Illinois after work this afternoon. We'll spend Thursday noon to Friday afternoon at my mom's then head up to Ryan's parents' house and leave there early Sunday a.m. to drive straight back. Have I mentioned that my sister-in-law Laura has a murder mystery dinner planned for the family on Friday night? I'm Florence somebody. Should be fun! :)

Monday, November 08, 2004

One sick me + a ton of library books = ugh.

Ryan just went to the library for me because I'm sick. Again. He's so good to me. (Actually, it was probably more because some of the books were due today and he hates it when I rack up fines. But I'll pretend it's because he loves me so much and wants me to get better.) :)

I'm fearful this cold will turn into laryngitis. I haven't had laryngitis in awhile because my doctor gave me a great medicine called Muccinex (sp?) and Robitussin with expectorant for when I feel it coming on. It's worked well every time since then - and the combination of the two meds cut down my last case of laryngitis from the typical week-plus to just two days. And I can't take the stuff now because of the baby. *sniff, sniff, cough, cough, HACK up a hairball like an old man*

Fun news: my April is coming to visit on Thursday!!! We're going to New York City on Saturday with Sycamore. (Heh. I just remembered how/why I started calling April Gipp my April. Rob's mom's name is also April, so I called Gippy 'my April' to distinguish between the two. And it's stuck, years later.)

Not-so-fun news: Ryan's jaw surgery is costing us $4000 out of pocket. The surgeon who wired his jaw is not part of the Mamsi network, but we (I) really didn't have a choice - it was an emergency. I confess, I was not thinking of insurance at the time. I was sitting in the hospital praying for God to spare my husband's life, through miraculous healing and through doctors. Whether or not a specific doctor was covered by our insurance didn't really cross my mind. Turns out none of the OMF guys were covered by Mamsi, so it really didn't make a difference what doctor did the surgery at Morgantown. When all is said and done, we are supposed to pay a $250 deductible and 20% of the remaining bill - Mamsi pays 80%. The fine print reads that Mamsi pays 80% of in-network fees (much lower than out-of-network fees). So, for a $5500 surgery, we're paying $4000.

It's not nearly as bad as it could have been. Besides copays, deductibles, some x-rays, and physical therapy visits, this is really the first thing we've had to pay for. We have been blessed so abundantly. It's hard not so say, "But why do we have to pay this? It was an emergency - we didn't have a choice!" So I need to remind myself that we haven't had to pay much else and it could be much, much worse.

Girls, if you're reading this, we need to get together. I was just rereading the latest girl letter from Debs. So much has happened over the past year!! What are y'all doing for Christmas?

Monday, November 01, 2004

Home from vacation

Vacation was good. I craved cauliflower all week. None was to be found until Saturday when Ryan got it for me from a display. He's a good hubby. I think I'll keep him. :)

After one day back at work I'm ready for another vacation. We're redoing the website (I'm not doing any of the actual HTML/J2EE stuff - just content and some design stuff) and Gordo wants to go live this weekend. Eh. Plus I'm juggling planning a company cruise for May, a holiday open house and a holiday party. Well, the party is already done - Carol the office manager did that - but I'm 'helping' with 100 holiday bags, employee holiday gifts, etc. Double eh. (Eh eh looks funny, like I'm trying to go to poop. Or decide to get my hair cut.) (You have to be Marte to get the hair cut part. "Eh. EH. I want to cut my hair!!")

Oh, yeah, since we're back from vacation, I can say it. I'm pregnant!