Friday, June 13, 2008

A quiet evening

Today is the 13th of the month, so it's Katrina and Ryan's 'date night.' At least once a month Ryan takes Katrina out for a date ... to the playground, out to eat ... whatever she decides is fun. The last few months have been crazy with work and such, so this is the first date in awhile. Katrina loves the time with her daddy. I can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm in the midst of yet another crazy proposal. A coworker commented the other day that I measure my children's ages in proposals, and he's right. I had just said how Mikayla is nearly six months old, and how the time has passed quickly - first it was the [NASA] proposal in February and March, then it was the [MPO] proposal in April, May, and now June. It's entirely possible this proposal will be extended again, into July. I'm thinking of taking two (2!) weeks off when work slows down, and maybe even taking the girls on a leisurely trip to Illinois. We'll see.

Funny things Katrina has said lately:

When asked what she wants to be when she grows up: "Dora"

When asked another time what she wants to be when she grows up: "I grow up and be 'Kayla! And I run! I get shoes and a purple shirt and I run! I get SWEATY!" (Ryan has recently taken up running again and she always wants to go with him when he runs. I think the purple shirt reference is from Wii Fit - her Mii wears a purple shirt.)

Upon seeing these:
"I want monkey food!"

Oops, they are home! Gotta go!!

No comments: