Monday, March 24, 2008

A Conversation to Remember

Katrina and I had a conversation tonight that I want to remember forever. We were in the van on the way home from taking dinner to a friend when it happened.

Katrina: Mama, Mama, what you sinking? [She was asking, "What are you thinking?" Sometimes when she is being quiet/thoughtful I ask her what she is thinking about.]

Me: What am I thinking? I'm thinking I love you.

Katrina: Yeah. I love you, too, Mommy!

*sigh* I love that kid more and more every day.

A few nights ago I asked Katrina if she loved Jesus. She said yes, so I asked her where He is. She said, "He in my class at church!" (Sunday School) I told her that Jesus loves her and wants to live in her heart, and she said, "No! He stay my class at church!!"

Last week on the way to church (Palm Sunday), she was counting pretzels she had for a snack and counted, "Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight ... eight ... Simon!" I suspect she has a crush on Simon Reynolds, although I don't know how that would work since she also thinks Cayden (Simon's son) is her brother .... :)

One last Katrina story - Saturday we tried to teach her to say, "He is risen!" for Easter Sunday. Instead she protested, "He no medicine!"

No comments: